Myths About Kids and Motivation to Stop Believing in 2023
📚 Want to dive into this topic? Read the transcript of this episode. Click here to read the transcript. 📚
Because self-motivation is such an important and HUGE topic, I’m also continuing the theme on today’s episode.
Last week, I told you about the 3 science-backed ingredients that need to be present in your day-to-day parenting in order to influence your child or teen’s self-motivation to grow.
I know these ingredients work, too, because not only have I seen success with these ingredients when I used them with my own 2 kids, but I’ve also seen countless numbers of the parents I coach use these ingredients successfully.
So just to review, the three ingredients are autonomy, mastery, and connection, and if you’re new to these ingredients – or you need a reminder – I created a helpful free guide called the Self-Motivation Cheat Sheet that breaks down what these ingredients are and how to use them with your own parenting.
And remember – these elements have a LOT of scientific backing behind them – so they definitely work.
If you’ve already listened to Episode #32, I now want to address all of those common objections that I hear from parents about why autonomy, mastery, and connection just won’t work for their child or teen.
I KNOW this works – so I want to address the top 5 myths that keep a lot of parents from taking this important step in helping their young person to totally turn around their self-motivation in a good way.
I believe that once you see how these myths aren’t true, you’ll feel more empowered to use the 3 ingredients to begin creating a home environment where your child or teen has no excuse but to succeed.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
- THE SELF-MOTIVATION CHEAT SHEET: CLICK HERE to download the free Self-Motivation Cheat Sheet
- THE SELF-MOTIVATION SUCCESS ACADEMY: Need more support in helping your child or teen master self-motivation? Then check out our online course for parents – The Self-Motivation Success Academy.
- NEWSLETTER: Click HERE to join my email newsletter and be the first to be notified of enrollment for the Self-Motivation Success Academy
- ASK ME A QUESTION OR BE ON THE SHOW: Send me an email at Podcast@ModernParentingSolutions.org and tell me about your Modern Parenting challenge. You might be a great fit for me to work with you on a future episode 🙂
- ONLINE PARENTING CLASSES: Check out our 100% court-approved classes by clicking HERE.
- PARENT COACHING: Want to work with me one-on-one? Click HERE to find out more.
Follow me on social media where you get daily tips, inspiration, and connection.