Today’s podcast addresses all the COVID questions and issues that I’ve gotten from my private practice clients and from my readers. In this episode, I address:
- Emotional Health: What can parents do to help their kids feel less stressed about all of the unknowns that we are facing right now
- Daily Schedule: What should your child be doing during the day when they are stuck at home? I’ll address academics, socializing, hobbies/interests, and physical movement.
- Physical Health: Has your child developed an upside-down sleep schedule? Are you a victim of “The Quarantine 15”? Fid out how to stay physically healthy while stuck inside your home.
- Co-Parenting: Why and how you should be addressing safety, academics, daily schedule, and short-term custody scheduling with your co-parent.
I also referenced the following blogs and free parenting resources:
- eBook: How To Have Difficult Conversations With Your Teen That Gets Your Point Across and Builds a Strong Parent-Child Bond
- Worksheet: Help Your Child Discover Their Passions and Interests
- Blog Post: Circling The Wagons: Shutting Out The Rest of The World To Prioritize Your Family During a Crisis
The resources presented on the Modern Parenting Solutions website are not intended to replace therapy – they are for reference and educational purposes only. As every family is individual and unique in their strengths and weaknesses, the resources and advice supplied on this website are general in nature and should never replace any medical or psychological services that you may be currently engaged in. Please contact a mental health professional if you have any questions.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Unless otherwise specified, all content, ideas, and images on this site were created by and for Modern Parenting Solutions. You are welcome to use content from this blog, but please give credit to the original source.