Ending The Semester on a Positive Note Before Going on Christmas Break
If your young person is struggling with their grades or other academic responsibilities – and they only have WEEKS left in the semester before going on Christmas Break – then this episode is a MUST LISTEN!
This episode was inspired by the real-world issues going on with the young people at the Modern Parenting Solutions office this week. The other therapists and I have been busy helping young people who are very stressed out right now, but need to finish the semester on a positive note.
In this episode, I give you the same strategies that we have been recommending to all of our MPS families.
And as always…the strategies that I discuss in this episode are meant to help your child succeed AND to help you build (or maintain) a close and positive parent-child relationship.
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [3:12] Quick discussion of new research showing how weekly piano lessons lead to better cognitive ability AND lower rates of depression. anxiety, and stress
- [5:40] Quick discussion of new research confirming what most of us know already – that young people coming out of the pandemic are struggling due to lack of in-person socialization
- [8:49] Four strategies to do BEFORE the semester ends (even if you only have a week or two left!)
[16:05] How to build or maintain your relationship with your child during this emotional and stressful time
[18:36] The parenting mindset YOU need to make these last few weeks successful and less emotional (for you and your child)
[22:53] What to do AFTER the semester is over so that you set your young person up for a successful NEXT semester
[27:25] Two important life lessons to make sure your child learns during this time.
Rate, review, and follow on Apple Podcast. This helps me serve more parents just like you to use science-based strategies to parent their young people in a way that sets up their child for a great future AND builds a warm and positive parent-child connection. CLICK HERE, then scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “write a review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
- SHOW NOTES: Visit the show notes by clicking HERE
- NEWSLETTER: Click HERE to join my email newsletter and be the first to be notified of enrollment for the Self-Motivation Success Academy
- ASK ME A QUESTION OR BE ON THE SHOW: Send me an email at DrBeccaB@ModernParentingSolutions.org and tell me about your Modern Parenting challenge. You might be a great fit for me to work with you on a future episode 🙂
- ONLINE PARENTING CLASSES: Check out our 100% court-approved classes by clicking HERE.
- PARENT COACHING: Want to work with me one-on-one? Click HERE to find out more.
Follow me on social media where you get daily tips, inspiration, and connection.